If you have a patio but you find that you rarely use it, you may have decided to enclose it and make it an indoor room. If so, here are some ideas that might inspire you to create a room that is both unique and lovely.
A Connecting Wall - If your patio connects to a room in your house, you will want to decide whether you want one large room or the option of having two rooms?
- If your patio is next to an existing room in your house, consider knocking out a large portion of the connecting wall. If you want to make it one large room, you'll need to remove the entire wall.
- In order to make the patio look like it was always part of that area, it would also be good to have the same kind of floor. If you have been considering a different kind of floor, this would be an excellent time to make that change.
- If you want to have the option of keeping two distinct rooms, you'll just need to knock out part of the existing wall. Consider an archway with beautiful arched French doors. Another idea would be to have doors with windows in them. If you want something really dramatic, consider getting gorgeous carved doors or doors that are painted a bold color like red or turquoise.
A Separate Patio - If your patio is away from the main house, but you want to use it more, here are some considerations.
- To connect the patio to the house literally, consider a pretty covered walkway from the house to the patio. Another idea is to have a brick or flagstone path leading to the patio room.
- If your have gorgeous landscaping or natural scenery around your patio, think about enclosing the entire patio with glass walls. Sliding glass doors can be part of the installation for a fabulous look.
- If you would rather not have glass walls and doors, consider mimicking your existing house as you do your remodeling. For example, if you have a brick house, use the same brick for the walls of your enclosed patio. If you have wrought iron as part of the design of the facade of your house, consider wooden doors with wrought iron trim for your patio house.
- Another idea is to completely change the look of the patio. Consider designing a cottage look with a stone facade and a charming wooden door for the entry. Think of selecting a door with an arched top or one with Tiffany glass as part of the design for added beauty.
Enjoy planning your patio project. For further assistance, contact local door-installation professionals, such as those from Southern Specialty Corporation.